Check out the current job openings within our Catering Team! Our Catering Team is responsible for making sure that the food and drinks that we serve to our guests are unforgettable! These team members must maintain exceptional levels of cleanliness, show initiative and must be detail-oriented. This is a fast-paced environment and employees are expected to be on their feet for an extended period of time. Here at Stanley’s we pride ourselves on serving delicious and fresh meals to all our guests whether it be for weddings, corporate events or Sugarbush.
Current Job Openings
We are looking for an energetic, qualified and positive person to oversee the catering side of our business. At Stanley’s our staff are like family and we want you to be a part of that!
The Kitchen Manager directs and assists in the preparation of food items for special events, take-out meals and prepared foods. They ensures recipes are followed and manage their kitchen staff’s needs and hours. The Kitchen Manager will construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings as well as placing orders of equipment or ingredients according to needs.
In addition, they will ensure that standards are upheld: the food is appealing to the eye and properly prepared, the portion sizes are correct, food service times are met, and plating & preparation is done efficiently.
A Wedding/Event Day can result in a 10-12 hour day.
The Kitchen Manager at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm will work an average of 35-44 hours a week. Occasionally additional hours may be required.
- Assisting with the creation of seasonal, monthly, or annual menus
- Monitoring the prices set on a menu by overseeing and comparing it to the cost of inventory, food orders, and supplies
- Supervising daily activities of the kitchen staff including Sous Chefs, Specialist Chefs, Cooks, and Assistants
- Looking over operating costs of running the kitchen to ensure food, equipment, and staffing budgets are not exceeded
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- A valid G class driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation is required. Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane is not accessible by public transit
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Credentials in health and safety training
Salary range from $21 – $25 per hour. Pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
Full-time cook position available.
The prep cook assists in the preparation of food items for special events, take-out meals and prepared foods for Stanley’s Farmshop. They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. They ensure proper food handling, sanitation and follow food storage procedures.
- Preparing food in accordance with recipes.
- Washing dishes and other general cleaning in the kitchen.
- Measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
- Experience in using different cooking tools, equipment, and utensils
- knowledge of various cooking methods and procedures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to withstand long hours of standing, bending, and moving around
- Ability to follow recipe instructions
- A driver’s license and/or reliable transportation. There is no public transportation.