Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm is a family owned and operated business that takes pride in being an open and inclusive work environment! Considering the multitude of events that go on here at the farm we are always looking for skilled, hard-working individuals to join our staff. We are proud to be many teenagers first job however we strive to create a fun work environment for people of all ages! If you are interested in joining our team please fill out the application below and send it and your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for our current job openings.
Employee Application Form
Current Job Openings
Assistant Events Coordinator
Are you looking for employment in a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? Do you want to become a part of a team and not just another number in a system? Then maybe it’s time that you joined our team! First opening its doors in 1993, Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm has since grown its reputation into becoming one of the premier wedding & events destinations in Ottawa.
The assistant event administrator works under the Event Managers and collaboratively with other team members.
The assistant event coordinator is the main support for the Event Managers and is required to work a variety of day, evening & weekend shifts.
The Ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 1-2 years professional event planning and/or administrative experience is an asset
- College degree or equivalent experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting and multi task
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals and large groups
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Flexibility in schedule
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Smart Serve Certification is required
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong IT Skills. Office 365, Quickbooks, Google Drive, WordPress and more
- Valid G Class Drivers License and access to a vehicle required.
The Event Administration Coordinator duties include, but are not limited t o:
- General office duties (filing, copying, correspondence etc.)
- Answering telephone and email inquiries in a timely and a professional manner
- Placing, updating and maintaining orders for dishware, linens, rental items & specialty food items through pre-determined vendors.
- Assisting in the set up and tear down of events. (Tables, Chairs, linens, dishware, general maintenance etc)
- Assisting in the set up and placement of décor
- Acting as an event supervisor and/or day of coordinator
- Under the direction of Management – assisting in the execution of ceremonies, meal service, and implementation of team building activities
- Under the direction of Management – Communicating with guests and clientele before, during and after events to ensure satisfaction.
- General Food Service duties (clean up, side jobs, basic food prep & plating etc)
- Assisting in the service of alcohol & non-alcoholic beverages
- Assisting in the set-up and daily operation of our seasonal Maple Sugar bush.
- Assisting in the booking of sales appointments and providing basic information for potential clients.
- Assisting in the creation & maintenance of marketing & social media campaigns
This is a full-time position. Hourly rate plus gratuities. A 3 month probationary period will apply.
Salary is based on experience.
We thank all for applying, however only those who meet the necessary criteria will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
Event Staff – 2022 Wedding Season
Our event staff are a huge part of what makes our weddings and events successful and we are looking for fun, out-going and hard working individuals to join that team! Our wedding and events team make dreams comes true. To do that we need passionate people who will bring their “A” game to every event they work at.
- Run food from the kitchen to the banquet hall on demand
- Assist with food and table prep before the event begins
- Serve plated hors d’oeuvres and describe ingredients
- Serve plated dinners to guests and respond to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs
- Communicate with banquet supervisor as well as other servers and event organizers
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (over 18)
- Open wine and take drink orders (over 18)
- Clean up venue after event ends and assist with inventory, food storage and other closeout tasks
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Previous waitstaff experience a plus
- Ability to work quickly and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Valid license & reliable transportation required. No public transportation available.
Job Type: Part-time (8-15 hours per weekend)
Salary: $15.00 + based on experience. Opportunity for promotion.